- Man-Made Snow in Green Bay - January 15, 1999
- Storms Over Wood River, IL Refineries - July 21, 2002
- Power plant plumes in Minnesota - November 10, 2008
- Unusual Snowfall in Dodge City - January 19, 2011
- Nuclear power plant produces snow in southwest Pennsylvania - January 22, 2013
- And, a recent case of lake-effect snow from power plant "cooling ponds" in Illinois ...
Power Plant Storms
Dan Robinson of StormHighway.com provides a thorough overview of power plant-induced convection at this page. Perhaps the most dramatic example of this human-induced weather is this time-lapse of a shower produced by the John Amos Power Plant near Poca, WV. These types of events have been documented during all seasons throughout the U.S. Events include: