"Adrift" - Beautiful Bay Area Lapse

Simon Christen provides this sequel to "The Unseen Sea" in this, as he calls it, "love letter to the fog of the San Francisco Bay Area."  It took him two years of captures to create the scenes found in the movie. As he states: "The weather conditions have to be just right for the fog to glide over the hills and under the [Golden Gate] bridge. I developed a system for trying to guess when to make the drive out to shoot, which involved checking the weather forecast, satellite images and webcams multiple times a day. For about 2 years, if the weather looked promising, I would set my alarm to 5 am, recheck the webcams, and then set off on the 45-minute drive to the Marin Headlands. I spent many mornings hiking in the dark to only find that the fog was too high, too low, or already gone by the time I got there. Luckily, once in a while the conditions would be perfect and I was able to capture something really special." Enjoy this remarkable transformation of a phenomenon typically thought of as the most boring of weather into something very dynamic and alive.